Associate Account Manager
Health & Benefits
In 1993, CAL-KOR was established as an outstanding leader in the insurance industry with a mission statement of “We ensure your success”. With big visions for our future, we are an insurance services company who strive to move forward with our customers.
- Prepares, analyzes and negotiates Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Administer renewals including preparing appropriate contractual changes
- May be responsible for the marketing process which includes obtaining client census and quotes, preparing and submitting bid specifications and evaluating the results in preparing recommendations for clients
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of all enrollments, terminations and changes
- Responds to benefits, claims and billing inquiries from clients
- Responsible for acting as the primary contact between clients and insurance carriers and retaining clients through customer service which includes open and clear communication channels with clients, producers and internal partners
- Expected to have regular client contact as established by the client service calendar and renewal timeline. Client contact will include all methods: electronic, telephonic and in person.
- May be responsible to create client proposals as necessary with current and renewal details as well as marketplace options. Communicate final placement details and instructions to insurers and customers.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of Group Health Insurance CSR/Underwriter experience is preferred
- Applicants with active Health & Life Licenses are preferred
- Ability to build effective working relationships with assigned agency personnel as well as internal company staff
- High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Sets priorities and manages work flow independently to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Strong ability to problem solve, make independent decisions with minimal oversight, set and meet deadlines, communicate, negotiate, work under pressure, organize, prioritize, manage multiple tasks and operate in a fast paced environment.
- Refined verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual preferred (Eng/Kor)
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Vacation & Incentive Plan
Los Angeles Office (3200 Wilshire Blvd., S/T #1700, Los Angeles, CA, 90010)